Does anyone know of any software that will convert a html table into auto-spaced plain text?

I'm trying to convert some HTML tables into plain text columns for the QL. Most HTML-text converters just put a space between columns in the table, with the result that the text looks awful. It'd be a big job to do this by hand (scan table, pass 1, find all TR and TD tags and keep a record of the longest in each column, scan 2, extract the text and pad each one with spaces), and although I'm sure I could write such a converter, why do so if there's already QL code to do just that?