On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Marcel Kilgus <ql-us...@mail.kilgus.net>wrote:

> Adrian Ives wrote:
> > It's easier said than done, though. You can't exactly whip the JS ROMs
> out
> > of a QL and slap in SMSQ.
>
> SMSQ? I'm talking Minerva here... and you certainly can whip out a JS
> ROM and put Minerva in there ;) I've never owned a machine capable of
> running SMSQ/E before creating QPC (got an SGC system on loan to
> develop SMSQ/E for QPC before QPC was capable of doing it itself, but
> that wasn't mine). Minerva on the other hand was a must, especially
> for non-(S)GC QLs.
>
> > Hmmmn ... is it possible to make a ROM-able SMSQ?
>
> Probably, but for SMSQ/E it's really more practical to leave the QDOS
> ROMs in and just use them as a bootloader.
>
> Cheers, Marcel

I'm willing to take on the PCB design of anything helpful here if there's a
schematic - I imagine a simple 68000 at the QL's original clock speed, with
a few megs of RAM and SMSQ/E would be "easy" but not the best use of
resources.

Maybe having a very low cost Minerva upgrade, and working on getting another
Q60-style machine out, while continuing to improve the emulators for the
power users - since long term, emulation seems to be the most flexible
route...

However, when it comes to hardware, I have an SMD production capability and
I'm willing to do anything I can afford.

Dave