The medic board had a very distinct shape - so it would be easy to tell from
a photo.

I ended up with two of these.    The first one I got by visiting Basingstoke
when Medic were still in operation but not delivering.    It did not have
the full RAM (512KB) that it was supposed to have so they still owed me
something (but I could add those myself).  I did get the twin floppy drives
so I had most of what I ordered. The second one I got as a creditor after
they were declared insolvent and were we allowed to "help ourselves" to
whatever bits they had left (as we were unlikely to see any cash).   I
grabbed a caseless medic board as it looked intact.   On getting it home I
found it was fully functional except for the voltage regulator which needed
replacing.   I guess that means I must be one of the few people wjo ended up
getting more from Medic than I had paid for :)

The Medic board came with 4 slots for ROM's and I remember hardwiring the
address decoding slightly so that I could add 4 x 64KB EPROM's instead of
the 4 x 16KB they had allowed for.  This meant I could load all my commonest
toolkits and programs to be instantly accessible which made the QL much more
friendly.   I do not know if I still have the details of the mods I made to
use 64KB EPROMS - I will have to look - but they were not hard to do if I
remember correctly.

Dave