  From: Phill Harvey-Smith
  To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Medic board

  On 10/03/2011 21:35, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
  > Dumping a ROM from SuperQBoard:
  >
  > The QL Technical manual says that an add-on ROM will have a header flag
  > of hex 4AFB0001, so you can search for this. (Two long words
  > decimal19196 and decimal1) - the memory map allows up to 512KB add-on
  > RAM in an original system like Medic and SuperQBoard (doesn't apply to
  > add-ons like Trump Card etc which use the ROM and add-on space for extra
  > RAM).
  >
  > I don't know how many bytes of code the EPROM will hold - presumably you
  > can tell from the Eprom type - 27128, 27256 etc etc
  >
  > Page 56 of Technical manual, memory map, may help to locate the
  > SuperQBoard or Medic ROM:
  >
  > $C0000 (decimal 786432) upward to decimal 917503 - Add on peripherals, 8
  > slots up to 16KB each

  SuperDisk / SuperQBoard ROM is deffo at $c0000, the SuperDisk doesn't
  have TK2 and so it's rom is $c0000-$c3ffff, SuperQBoard does I believe
  have TK2 and so it's rom is from $c0000-$c7ffff, presumably the Medic
  interface would be similar.

  If there's a Schematic & ROM dump available I may be able to add support
  for it to Mess, I'm presuming that the Medic board also used the WD177x
  (or compatible) chips, they seemed to be pretty standard for the QL at
  the time.

  Cheers.

  Phill.