Dilwyn Jones schrieb:
Rich Mellor wrote:
On 11/07/2011 18:29, Tony Firshman wrote:
Dilwyn Jones wrote, on 11/Jul/11 18:11 | Jul11:

Dilwyn/
Having been a member of the Quantum Webring since it's early days,
I am finding myself a bit frustrated with a problem which has crept
up in recent times.

Visitors to www.dilwyn.me.uk are sometimes (seemingly randomly)
redirected to the webring hub, which is hugely annoying for
visitors who do not want to use the webring.

I searched their forum and asked for help, but got what amounted to
a standard reply saying that rthey are unaware of any issues,
despite at least 2 others stating that this happens with their
(non-QL) rings too. The simple answer is to ditch the webring code
(bottom of the
page), but I'd rather try to resolve it first.

Anyone else have experience fo this and how to fix it?

Ah yes - I had this issue accessing your site as well only last week.
Thought it was me!
No idea though what causes it.
I did though use a Google search result. Maybe Google sometimes
lists the webring link rather than your site.

Tony
I have had this issue with the rwapsoftware.co.uk - I could not find
out what was doing it either - it looks as though someone has hacked
the webring code to redirect browsers to their website when it
appears as either the next one in the ring (or other ring link)

In the end I removed the code.
The notion of hacking occurred to me too, but it only ever redirects to
the Quantum Webring hub in the tests I've done anyway.

It also happened to me too when I tried to visit your site - I saw your site quickly but I ended on the hub a few seconds later. And even more annoying, there is no "back" navigation to the previous site, i.e. your site.

Jochen