Evening Dilwyn,

Dilwyn Jones <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>This proved to be a harder nut to crack than I thought. All my efforts
>so
>far have yielded similar results. I don't have Open Office installed,
>but
>whatever I do with M$ Works causes the same "scrambled layout".

I'm wondering if it is the docx extension/format that is causing you grief.
Does your version of Office allow you to save files as old-style doc?

If it's any consolation, I had to use Office 2003 at work until recently and
even with the docx reader attachment, docx files sometimes - but not always -
had problems on opening. So, it's not just Open/Libre Office that has problems.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Norm.