Thanks, I was sure there was good reason for the decision, just interested. The benefits of an easy install are important :-)

On 14/12/2011 16:29, Peter Graf wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Excellent Peter, definitely the way to go, a very neat solution. Just
out of interest what was the problem with plugging in the original
drive LED's.
There are several issues, the most obvious one is: Both QL case LEDs are
on the same connector, so if you want to keep one microdrive in addition
to one QL-SD, where to plug the connector?

The internal LED on QL-SD is easy to see and has the same shape as the
QL LED, so the QL style is not broken :-)

Also I have marked "+" and "-" for the LED on the QL-SD board, so maybe
a tinkerer who really wants the original case LED will remove it and
solder the original case cables instead. (We can not expect the average
user to cut cables and use a soldering iron though...)

All the best
Peter