According to Eben the Nokia N900 display should work but I don't think there's
any drivers as of yet.

John A

--- On Tue, 3/7/12, Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk> wrote:

From: Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Rasberry Pi arrived
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Date: Tuesday, 3 July, 2012, 14:15

Stephen Usher wrote, on 3/Jul/12 12:48 | Jul3:
> On 24/06/2012 16:17, Tony Firshman wrote:
>> The Pi powers off a USB socket and outputs video via an HDMI socket.
>> Both these should be on modern LCD TVs.
>> That is why they did it this way I am sure.
>
> Tony, actually, the power supply port was designed for Nokia chargers
> and requires a great deal more power than USB's standard 500mA allows,
> so you can't power it directly from a normal USB port.

Yes in theory at 700ma plus usb devices, but
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6050 finds 210ma max.

It works fine on all USB sockets I have used.  I suspect though that  my
monitor allows more than 500ma. I wonder whether it has the 'intelligence' to
complain (8-)#

My M/C helmet, BT keyboard charger and Apple chargers will also do.

The GPIO header looks great.  Other that power and ground it looks
user-definable.  I must see if I can get the QL I2C devices working.  I presume
drivers do not yet exist.

Also an LCD monitor (via ribbon to the motherboard) would open the way for long
lasting battery powered units.

At present it is not possible to ssh in - 'connection refused' - and sshd is
running.  Where do I investigate I wonder?

Tony

--        t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman