I concur, as well as any QL related articles, feedback positive or
otherwise gives atleast  an indication of something that has prompted
people in to a response. Norman, I read your Black Hole article with
interest on the DVD collection last year and likewise there are articles
about machine code, assembler, C etc. that I struggle to understand (being
more of a S*BASIC fan/user), does not mean I dont enjoy reading them, I do.

May I point also out that as the Sinclair QL approaches its 30th year, and
that today the C5 was launched (ahem) according to the radio and wikipedia
in 1985. To encourage new and possibly returning people to the auspices of
the QL and systems, the retelling, updating or reiterating such articles in
todays fast paced society wouldn't do any harm if contextulised well.  As
Geoff mentioned about games, other than IT support industry, careers
involving computers are fairly similar, if you want to get into the
Computer Games Industry (which has seen the biggest growth in recent years)
as a programmer there are several ways in which you can do this by learning
machine code, assembler high level languages based around the 'C' family as
already mentioned. However a knowledge of retro computing; skills in a
procedural language; being able to program in other languages as well as
those expected, could do just that.

May I make a plea for such contributions to either magazine, it is much
needed and welcomed.

Regards