Hi Urs,

> Peter, there's a quite experienced and very active group (tied together by a
> forum) of Sinclair related hardware hackers in Germany. Their members
> recently developed and produced - among other projects - a very well done
> ZX80 replica and some other nice hardware. See:
> http://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=978

Thanks for the good hint, Urs.

To Rich Mellor: Your post regarding QL-SD in that forum seems to require a
little correction.

1. The cable between the two QL-SD boards does *not* pass over the TV
output, if folded correctly.

2. There are *no* known issues with the cables between the two boards, as
two termination resistors were added in the final design. (Consequently,
usage of the external ROM socket can not help.)

3. There still are instabilities with my SuperGoldCard, but *not* with
original QL and GoldCard. These instabilities are *not* related to the
ribbon cable, and also occur if the SD card socket is directly soldered to
the base board.

4. My offer for a ROM port redesign was only to keep Adrian involved in
production, which would have saved me a lot of work. I have no plans to do
such a redesign without him.

> What impresses me most is their speed of development. Often it takes only
> weeks until projects develop dramatically. Amazing.

They do not seem to work at the level of miniaturization required for
devices like QL-SD, Q68, etc. That makes development a lot easier for
them.

Peter