Urs Koenig (QL) wrote:

> [...]
>
> 8. It should not be restricted to the QL only, but at least be themed and
> addressed as an all Sinclair event. Open for everyone, even for alien retro
> computer systems (ATARI, COMMODORE, AMSTRAD, etc.).

Even at a Sinclair-only meeting, the QL would already be an almost
negligible minority. If the scope is widened to even more systems (with
even bigger user base), the QL completely moves out of focus.

I have attended retro meetings in the past - they are nice if one is
primarily interested in general computer history and chat, but I would not
travel to England for just that. For my taste, "QL is 30" requires a very
clear focus on the QL!

I would definitely prefer a dedicated QL event with an audience of only 10
or 20 persons, to a general retro meeting with 100 or more. The recent
German QL meeting has proved how busy and interesting a small event can
be.

Maybe I'd drive 50 km for a general retro meeting, 300 km for an all
Sinclair meeting, but to motivate me for travelling to the UK, only the QL
will do ;-) Please consider this just my personal taste - if the majority
prefers a general event, it's fine.

All the best
Peter