Hi All

I guess most know, but just in case. Dilwyn has done his magic again.

First with Qdock, a graphical program launching system. To be found at
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qdock/index.html
I have been using this program over the last few weeks and is very good,
especially if you do not want a full desk type program such as LaunchPad or
QDT. It does have a low back ground load on QL systems which for some maybe
important. This program is not freeware, but at a cost of £10 is well worth the
money. Do please support Dilwyn and the development of new programs. It is so
what we need. I have submited a review to Quanta, so look out for that. There
is also a freeware program called SPRV to view the sprites in Qdock or for that
matter any sprites. Very usfully little program this as well.

Second is a freeware program that Dilwyn put up only the other day called
Maqnifier http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/misc/index.html. Again a very usefull little
program, it will magnifier a selected area of the screen by a factor of X2 to
X8, user selectable. For use with high resolution, greater than the standard
512 screen. But Qdock and Maqnifier push the QL platform and SMSQ to the
limits. Dilwyn has sluged this program for good reason as explained in the
program notes. My only comment or advice is, give the program time to update.
It take 500ms to start the update process at the default settings, which as
Dilwyn points out is the best setting, that does seem to be the case. Also when
reading text files use the cursor mode to follow text much easier I find, and
pointer mode for graphics. This is selecable from the main Maqnifier screen so
is not a probem to change from one mode to the other.

However my main point is, do buy Qdock and support our QL programmers like
Dilwyn. It will not make him a rich man but does give him and others the
motivation to do more, if he can find the time.

This post is entirly my own, no input from Dilwyn at all. No, I am not being
paid either.

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Ian Burkinshaw