Derek,

I can not find any reference to IOF.TEST

Should this be IOB.TEST ?

I think youre right! No reference to IOF.TEST in the Smsq sources, only IOB.TEST.

Dilwyn,

In my printed copy of Jochen's QDOS/SMS Reference Guide,
iof.posa and iof.posr also have the same key (d0=$42,
whereas iof.posr should be $43

Youre right about iof.posr, but this has already been corrected in later additions.

All the other $4x trap #3s are defined leaving only $44,
which must be iof.test

I dont think youre right about this. Trap#3, code $44 is set to iof.posv (set position to virtual address). See the keys_qdos_io include file in the sources.

Per