Hi,

I'm pretty sure that Marcel is right here (as usual).
IOB.TEST makes no sense, this just checks whether there is still some input, not whether i/o/ operations are complete, so this must be IOF.CHEK.

However, I had a (very quick, sorry) look at the sources and you can find the following in iod_iox_vector_asm

;+++
; Directory Device check slave blocks
;
;       d6 c  p drive / file number
;       a0 c  p channel block
;       a3 c  p linkage block
;       a4 c s  definition block
;
;       status return standard
;---
iox_chek
        jmp     iox_flsh          ; just flush

So at least here, test just calls flush....
AFAIK, though, noting actually uses that.

OTOH, not all drivers will implement this trap (I *** believe*** this might be the case, e.g. for ram disks where this will just go to a moveq 0,d0 and an rts)

since you're redrafting the manual, you might want to add a little rider in this respect.

Wolfgang