This is blowing the trumpet for both myself and the QL.

The new edition of Family Tree magazine, which is in the shops tomorrow, contains an article I have written on DNA and surname distribution.

It is illustrated by three maps that were all drawn on the QL using the Just Words! mapping software - with, of course, grateful thanks to Hugh Rooms for his work on the Mercator projection.

The editor asked me for some information on how I had drawn the maps to help readers who may like to try it for themselves. I had to explain to her that it was not possible on a PC and that you have to use a QL,

Best wishes,

Geoff