-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Ql-Users] atari smsqe revisited
Datum: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:09:40 +0200
Von: Michael Grunditz <michael.grund...@gmail.com>
An: ql-us...@q-v-d.com

Hi

As you may remember I have been trying to get recent SMSQE to run on
my 1024 STe.
I have tried to run in it the hatari emulator and it does work when
booted with EMUTOS, but not with the standard STe TOS. With the
standard TOS I get exactly the same behaviour as on real STe, a
garbled screen.

It might be possible to load EMUTOS on the real STe , but I wonders
what might cause this error. As I reported before a very old SMSQ.PRG
runs just fine.

I have been looking on the initialisation code in SMSQE. One thing
that might go wrong is the detection of wether it is ST or STe.
Another idea is that the old SMSQ.PRG doesn't have support for STe and
that it is that support that is broken somehow.

I will try to rebuild SMSQE without the auto detection and also trying
to force ST mode even if it is a STe.

Can I build the system with SMSQmulator or do I need QPC2? In that
case I need to wait a few days :)

Michael

Michael,

Very much appreciate someone volunteers to look into supporting (kindof)
neglected SMSQ/E hardware.

QPC2 would probably be a tad faster. Other than that, I don't see why
SMSQmulator would not be able to build SMSQ/E. And I would also bet that
Wolfgang has already tried it ;)

Tobias