Hi,

There was a version of SMSQ/E for the Super/Gold Card written before the Aurora, I think about v2.76 was the stable version where everything worked. I used it on a BBS with a Super Gold Card.

When the Aurora was released SMSQ/E could only do 4 colours with a patched version of SMSQ/E to use the Aurora higher resolution.

It looks like Marcel wrote the 256 Colour SMSQ/E and this was added to the SMSQ/E compile list keeping the SMSQ/E Gold in the distribution.

Both versions: SMSQ/E Gold, SMSQ/E 256 Colours need a Super/Gold Card to run.

Regards,

Derek