>> To save you reinventing the wheel Jan, Norman Dunbar's DJToolkit has an
> extension called LEVEL2 which tests for a Level 2 filing system. The
> assembler source djtoolkit_asm is included with the toolkit - just search
> for 'level2' in that source.
>
> http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/djtk.zip

Hmm, I should have explained a bit more rather than leaving you to do it.

Just call trap #3 D0=$4F IOF.XINF after reserving a 64 byte block (call
with d1=0, d2.b=0, d3.w=timeout, a0=channel ID, a1=pointer to the 64 byte
buffer.). If no info block is returned (check d0 on return), there is no
level 2.

I'm aware of that, but just want to avoid having to load SB extensions. Oh
well, I'm already CALLing SD.CHENQ code from SB so it shouldn't be much
hassle to implement.