I'm not an electronics expert, and I font play one on TV, but I never got on
with Eagle very well. I had the two layer limited board sized free version.

I use Fritzing these days and Kicad. It depends. For something quick and dirty,
 I tend to drop into the former.  For my ongoing attempt at a DIY "Arduino"
it's Kicad.

Osh Park (no relation Dave?) do my boards for me. Good quality, free postage
too.

Cheers,
Norm.