I originally posted this on the forum:

Hi community, I have searched for this on the forum but cannot find an
entry but I am sure this has been asked before.

I currently test for the presence of the HBA ROM in a boot program using
VER$ and would like to test for other toolkits, specifically the TURBO
toolkit. Is there a way to do this automatically in a boot so that when
subsequent runs of the boot it is not loaded again in one session?

e.g. for the HBA version I use:

Code: Select all <http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2063#>
IF VER$<>"HBA" THEN
   LRESPR "WIN8_SMSQ_QEM"
END IF

I feel there must be a way to test for TURBO toolkit, any ideas?

A reply from Derek suggested  the following:

There is a keyword: TK_VER$, but only returns the version of Turbo Toolkit,
which is the same for the SMS and QDOS versions.

A simple way would be to add "SMS" in the version number. Which would mean
a new version of Turbo Toolkit.

The SMS version calls the SMSQ/E extended traps, where the QDOS does not,
so maybe a test for SMSQ/E extended traps is the way, but I would favour
the about alteration to TK_VER$.

George Gwilt used to maintain Turbo and maybe the Toolkit. I think this
message needs to be posted in the QL-USERS mailing list, George Gwilt reads
that list.

Any views at all?

Regards Lee Privett