Evening Daniel,

Re assembly language and writing extensions, my eBook has a few chapters on
that. Help yourself to
http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/downloads/QLToday/QL_Assembly.pdf.

If you need to return two values, or four, then take a look at the DJTOOLKIT
sources at https://github.com/SinclairQL/DJToolkit, you will be interested in
the MAX_CON function which is passed a channel I'd and 4 integers, and returns
an error code as the result, plus updates the 4 integers with the channel's
window or console sizes and positions:

* error = MAX_CON #channel, x%, y%, xo%, yo% => returns an error and
*                updates the 4 (non-channel) parameters to be the
*                maximum sizes & positions that a CON channel is.

You could write something similar quite easily, I'm sure.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.