Lots of different programs use Qmenu, so there should be no need to link it
in. Its best loaded at boot time.

Per

On 19 September 2017 at 21:15, Wolfgang Lenerz via Ql-Users <
ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the problem is that these parameters are likely to vary from version to
> version, as they are offsets into the file...
>
> Your best bet is probably to adapt your program to the latest version.
>
>
> Wolfgang
>
>
>> A question about QBase and QMenu.
>>
>> The menu  extensions are used fairly extensively in QBase. However, the
>> program was originally written in 1998 with whatever version of QMenu was
>> current then, and it doesn't seem to work properly with the later version
>> (version 7.66) which is distributed with QPC.
>>
>> I also have a version 5.06, which appears to work much better with QBase,
>> and I thought it might be a good idea to link it into QBase with
>> Q-Liberator and avoid problems for people using later versions.
>>
>> The other possibility is to update the QBase code, but for this I would
>> need a manual, which seems to be unavailable (is it really still
>> commercial?). I did purchase a copy of QMenu in the 1990s, but I can't
>> find
>> the manual, which I assume is buried somewhere in my attic.
>>
>> So, does anyone know the correct parameters for linking menu_rext into a
>> Q_Liberator compiled program?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Daniel Baum <dmb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In my previous posting I forgot to mention another new feature: The
>>> tabular view no longer attempts to load the whole file at once. It can
>>> now
>>> be paged up and down using the left and right arrow buttons. This way you
>>> can load large files without hitting any memory limitations.
>>>
>>> The page size and the scroll size are both parameters that eventually I
>>> intend to put in a Config block to the user can alter them.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Bob Spelten for pointing out the need for this.
>>>
>>> Rgds,
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Daniel Baum <dmb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> Here is the new version of QBase.
>>>>
>>>> Changes:
>>>>
>>>> - Loads in 512x256 resolution, and is resizable.
>>>> - May be called with a command-line parameter, e.g. ex
>>>> flp1_Qbase_obj;'flp1_data_dbs'
>>>> - Lots of refactoring. The eagle-eyed among you may notice that it's a
>>>> lot smaller than it was.
>>>>
>>>> Tested on QPC2 with SMSQ/E 3.31, Q-Emulator with SMSQ/E 3.31
>>>>
>>>> Unlike the previous version, this one also works on Q-Emulator with
>>>> Minerva. I couldn't get it to work on a JS ROM. It reported "Channel not
>>>> open", and I've no idea why.
>>>>
>>>> Is it important to anyone to run QBase on original QL hardware? Testing
>>>> with Q_Emulator and Minerva at "QL speed" it appears to be extremely
>>>> slow,
>>>> especially when switching to tabular mode. I could try to get it to run
>>>> a
>>>> bit faster if anyone is interested. I hadn't remembered just how much
>>>> faster QPC is than a real QL until I started using Q-Emulator.
>>>>
>>>> Download the new QBase here:
>>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s3fm0rm84mxfn7/QBase.zip?dl=0
>>>>
>>>> Currently I have numbered this version 0.99. It will become version 1.0
>>>> one it's been tested and bugfixed
>>>>
>>>> Finally, I'd like to give an honourable mention to MasterBasic by Ergon
>>>> Development (Davide Santachiara). It made 80s-style program editing
>>>> bearable (almost...). The more massive refactoring was done with
>>>> Notepad++
>>>> on Windows.
>>>>
>>>> Regards to all,
>>>>
>>>> D.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Darren Branagh via Ql-Users <
>>>> ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>>>
>>>>> Have you released any of your updates yet?
>>>>>
>>>>> Just wondering if they can be tested.
>>>>>
>>>>> Darren Branagh
>>>>>
>>>>> Sent from My Android Phone.
>>>>>
>>>>> On 10 Sep 2017 23:18, "Bob Spelten via Ql-Users" <
>>>>> ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Op Sun, 10 Sep 2017 20:19:22 +0200 schreef Daniel Baum via Ql-Users <
>>>>>> ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com>:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> One more thing:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I should add that limiting the number of displayed records to 1000
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> works
>>>>>
>>>>>> fine, so I could fix the problem by using a paging arrangement.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The test _dbs has 3111 records by 6 fields making 18666 menu items.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> That is well within the limit of items (<32K) WMAN2 can handle in the
>>>>>>
>>>>> AW.
>>>>>
>>>>>> Records times Fields must be less.
>>>>>> But there is also a limit in S*Basic of 65K for indexing second and
>>>>>>
>>>>> third
>>>>>
>>>>>> dimensions, in this case Fields x Field_length (including length
>>>>>> word).
>>>>>> As you used Fields as the first dimension instead, 2nd (Records: 3111)
>>>>>> times 3rd (length: 20 +2) would be just too much.
>>>>>> As records will in most cases be the highest number, making it the
>>>>>>
>>>>> first
>>>>>
>>>>>> dimension is the best choice.
>>>>>> So checking these limits and using paging is the only option for a
>>>>>>
>>>>> large
>>>>>
>>>>>> database that exceed these limits.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Bob
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> The BSJR QL software site at: "http://members.upc.nl/b.spelten/ql/";
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> QL-Users Mailing List
>>>>>>
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> QL-Users Mailing List
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>> QL-Users Mailing List
>>
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> QL-Users Mailing List
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
QL-Users Mailing List

Reply via email to