One of the messages on this subject seems to have vanished since I sent it, but
then Yahoo has been playing up big time for me this morning.
The initials JM stood for the name of Sinclair engineer John Mathieson I
remember reading somewhere back in the mists of time. It wouldn't have been
'Jochen Merz' as, although he's probably done more than most for the QL over
the years and would deserve the recognition, he was not working at Sinclair and
only really became known to the QL scene well after the QL was launched,
Although I found the alternative names for the ROM versions discussed by
Tobias, Jan etc very amusing, I always thought that 'FB' stood for "F*ing Bad"
(that's "Flaming Bad" before anyone thinks otherwise!)
Dilwyn