Could someone please explain the rules to me regarding the padding of
graphics objects for the two main formats: Sprites and Pics/PSA?

I thought Id worked it all out, at least for some modes, but my rule-
book does not appear to be complete, nor provide stable answers in all
cases. Also, there are some  formats Im not able to test.. So now Im
confused and would like to get a "definitive" take on the matter.

Variables:
x%/y%
llen% = increment between lines
bpp   = bytes per pixel

The question relates to sprites, of QL modes and all the supported
GD2 modes: Are all lines to be padded to a size divisible by four?
In all modes?

Pic format objects:
QL modes:
I presume x% must always be divisble by 2?
All modes:
Must lines physically be padded beyond that, eg to be dividsible
by four?

If I can get definitive rules on this, Id be happy to write them up
and pass them on to the maintainers of the relevant documentation.

Per