Giorgio,

I remember this and actually have the IDE Expander as it was called.  I don’t
remember if it was demonstrated or shown at one of the US shows but I do at
least remember it was talked about and I eventually ordered one from QUBBESoft.
 I only attended the US shows so it very well could have been shown at others.

I still have the paperwork that came with it.  I never could get it to work
however.  I don’t know if it was my QubIDE as I had an early version or it may
have been due to the bus expander I was using.

It was a small circuit board with a 40 pin IDE socket and another small socket
next to it that when plugged in connected to the 6 pin header on the QubIDE.
There are a few diodes and a small surface mount IC on the board as well.  This
side of the board was painted black so it covers the IC number.  There was no
circuit diagram in the documentation.

A 50 pin ribbon cable was attached.  One edge of the cable has 10 of the wires
separated out and these are connected in various combinations to the 40 pin
connectors as drive select lines I presume.

The documentation said to jumper each drive as a master and went on to explain
how to use the WIN_DRIVE command to assign the drives.  It was recommended to
use ROM v1.35 or later and was supposed to identify all drives at power up.

I don’t recall now what problem I had with it just that I couldn’t get it to
work and set it aside.

I don’t think the list will accept attachments but if you want further info or
pictures let me know with your email address and I can send it to you.

John