Giorgio,

File access key: Don't know of any software that uses this.

For "data space" you didn't read far enough: It"s in the next sentence:

"In the case of file type 1, the first longword of type-dependent information
holds the default size of the data space for the program." - The data space, if
applicable, is in a long word at $6. "File type dependent info" is not used for
anything but the data space, to my knowledge (even if it could, for
non-executable programs).

"backup date" can be used by backup programs to store the date and time of the
last backup. It is not used by the system.

"reserved" is, well, reserved, and not used for anything.

Tobias