Hi Derek,

On 28/01/2019 20:18, Derek via Ql-Users wrote:
Hi  Dilwyn,

I received your Blog update email, can you remove the adverts from the email.

Regards
Derek

I suspect, given that Dilwyn's blog is at wordpress.com, that he is using a free blog setup there. In that case, the adverts are beyond Dilwyn's control I'm afraid.

You know the old saying, "you get nothing for nothing these days"? Free blogs are advert supported.

I agree that ads are seriously irritating, I never watch them on TV as I always record programs on the commercial stations, and fast forward, but if ads are a requirement of getting something for "nothing" then c'est la vie (as they sometimes say in Cardiff and other parts of Wales!)

The Superbasic online manual, at https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/, has a single advert at the bottom of the contents list on the left of the screen - that advert pays for us to have the documentation hosted for "free" - it's not too intrusive.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.

--