Hi,

yes, as Marcel says, this is in the SMSQ/E level 3 (DV3) drivers (dv3_dv3_buff_asm), so it applies mostly to WIN or FLP devices, but not, e.g. to the ram device which doesn't use the level 3 drivers.

I'm not sure how the various device drivers for QL + floppy interface handle this. I'll make a note to that effect in the next version of the SMSQE reference manual.

Wolfgang

Jan Bredenbeek via Ql-Users wrote:
Hi Jan,

On what machine?

It does occur on QPC2 too and appears to be connected to WIN-devices
(doesn't occur on ram and dos, only win).

Yes, seems to be a hard-coded feature of the DV3 drivers.

Marcel