Norman Dunbar wrote:
>>> I then got a huge black hole on the screen for my troubles, which
>swallowed
>>> my mouse any time it ventured near it. More or less same
phenomenon
>whether
>>> QL- or full-colour modes used.
>
>AHA - I get this when my screen saver has been running and I then
kick it
>out !

Try this with something like Cuedark running on QPC2 and a Windows
screen saver both set to the same time delay. Ouch.

My personal fun and games with QPC2v2final has been printing, which
would stop some way into the output. I did connect it originally with
some DOS notes software I used, so I chucked that out and all seemed
to work. Sadly I was wrong, printing will still stop after say after
half a page of graphics or a couple of pages of text. The interesting
thing is: if I go to SBASIC and just enter the command OPEN#3,PAR it's
enough to make printing resume and finish! I am completely unable to
predict when the problem will occur, all I know is how to fix it.

My system, in case Marcel reads this, is a Cyrix MII 333 with any old
parallel port, Rage IIC 4MB graphics card - and windowing/full screen
switching seems to work OK with CTRL SHIFT F12. Marcel's probably
already used to me breaking things so finding it works on my system
may be hard for him to believe ;-)

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]