>> GO to SBASIC, enter OPEN#3,PAR and you'll find that seems to flush
out
>> the printed output, if it's the same problem as I have with
>> QPC2v2final.
>
>It wasnt, but thank you all the same. However, it is now fixed. Yet
Im not
>the wiser as to when or how that happened. Im not the sort of user
who is
>accustomed to request help with reading the manual, so although Im
pretty
>convinced it wasnt me, Im now also pretty convinced that the reported
>problem had nothing to do with QPC/SMSQ.

Marcel has now fixed the printing problem I had, by delaying closing
the printer channel until printing is finished - seems SMSQE needed a
physical (software-wise) connection to the hardware's printer port to
allow printing to finish. Presumably this wouldn't be a problem with
QL serial ports or parallel ports since the port connection was always
there on native hardware, but not necessarily so on an emulator, and
this is what my workaround did, was to ensure a connection between the
emulator and the hardware port. Not sure why this would be different
on QPC2v2 to the old QPC2, but still.

Probably talking through my hat of course as usual, but anyway it's
worked and I hope Marcel or Tony will be able to integrate the
modification to SMSQE in time. In the meantime, anyone suffering the
same problems as I was can get around the problem of printing pausing
halfway through a printout by opening a temporary channel to the
printer; no need to send anything - printing will resume once the
connection is re-established by the emulator.

Whatever the problem was, I'm glad you managed to sort it out, and if
you do discover the reason, let us know so anyone else running into
the same problem will have the 'fix' to hand.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]