Tarquin Mills wrote:

>A demo of an early version of a simple (text only) web browser for
QDOS
>and Minerva systems is now available at
>  http://www.planet14.sonow.com/comp/hb/
>
>                           Yours Tarquin Mills

I downloaded this program and tried running it on QPC2 and on my
Aurora (JM ROM). It doesn't work on either, both times getting as far
as askign where it's being run from - entering the device name gets an
error message 'at line 390 not found' on QPC2, and on the JM ROM the
error message box appears, but nothing printed (or it's being printed
in black on black). Pressing a key then stops the program on both
platforms.

I'll add the URL of your page to my website so that others can find
and try this browser, Tarquin. Keep up the work on it! As useful as
Lynx is, it isn't easy to install with all the long filenames etc
causing us to run into the 36 character filename length limit all the
time if you try to install it in anything other than the root
directory. So I suspect an alternative simple text browser will be
welcome.

Regarding the convversion of html files to plain text, I'd rather see
the output file being a renamed version of the html file, i.e.
example.html becomes example.txt, page_htm becomes page_txt or
whatever, rather than being given a fixed name. This would make it
easier to convert more than one file in the same session.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]