On 24 Feb 2001, at 12:23, Dave Westbury wrote:

> Chicken and egg situation: If latest QDOS PTR_GEN (v1.71?) did return IOP.RPTR
> for an Event (bits 24-31 set in event vector), how would you send one? You need
> SMS.SEVT which is only in SMSQ 2.71+ (the only way to prevent ERR.NC return?).
>
> I think you might mean latest QPTR was updated to deal with events. But QPTR is
> only a BASIC toolkit to access the IOP & WM calls. This only would have made
> QPTR able to use events under SMSQ v2.71+

No, QPTR is just the basic interface to the PE, so it can't do more than the PE
 itself... Actually I thought the PE / OS had been upgraded, but you're right,
I just checked the documentation and  events don't work on QDOS,
you need SMSQ for that.

To get around that, FiFi uises a timeout on machines that don't
support events.

Wolfgang