The QLSSS (Sampled Sound System) version 2d from Simon Goodwin and
Mark Swift for QDOS Classic (Amiga and Q40) and SMSQ/E (Q40) featured
in a recent QL Today article is now available from my web site.

This system is based on a sound replay device driver, capable of
handling mono or stereo sampled sounds, at sample rates of up to
20,000 samples per second. Being a device driver, sounds can be
replayed by simply COPYing a file to the device, for example. The
system uses Q40-style _ub (unsigned byte) sound sample files.

Disk 1 contains the device driver, instructions, sources, some
SuperBASIC programs and converters plus some sound samples used in the
example programs.

Disks 2 to 7 (yes, the entire system comes as 6 DD disks and 1 HD
disk's worth of files!) contains various sampled sound file examples.
Beware, disk 7 contains a zipped 1.5MB _ub file, this is too large for
DD or HD disks - it will need to be unzipped to an ED disk or to hard
disk.

CAUTION: Allow plenty of cheap rate download time to download the
whole lot - a massive download if you have a fairly slow modem like
mine.

The files may be found on my Other Software Page.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]