Dilwyn Jones wrote:

>..I couldn't get jpeg viewing to work BUT that may be because I was using an
>older version of Photon with QPC2v2, probably not the best combination.

That has nothing to do with it, the problem is photon is being invoked by
Turbo's EXECUTE command which is passing two negative long words (not channel
ID's) on its stack. The old photon will not accept channel ID's unlike the new
one, but that's academic, what the hell is Turbo putting negative ch id's on the
stack? Much Trubo... Just try EXECUTE on other programs which are expecting an
option string (& maybe ch ID's?) and see what happens!

>Assuming Dave Westbury gets Photon to work with GIFs as well as JPEGs
>as per his photon_txt then it will make an even more useful graphics
>viewer. (Any news on that front Dave?)

GIF is relatively simple compared to JPEG (and the fact it was copyrighted is a
joke/greed). When?, soon I hope (too many other distracting interests/hobbies)

Regards,
Dave.