>Anyone know of a way to print characters on the screen without the
>character's paper affecting the channel / background?
>For example I want to lbytes a pic and then PRINT on it without
affecting
>the image for each character block but only for the character itself.
In
>essence I want to know if there's such a thing as a transparent PAPER
>command :-) Or at least something similar...

Transparent PAPER is achieved with OVER#channel,1 which in effect ORs
the ink pixels into the picture, omitting the paper pixels. In other
words, if you print white text on black paper, only the white pixels
would be drawn (the dotsa of the character) and the rest of the
character space not coloured, you'd see the picture behind the
character printed.

If you use OVER #channel,-1 it will be fairly similar to OVER 1 but
the ink colour pixels are XORed, which means if you print the same
text twice in succession in the same place they will cancel out at the
second attempt. The effect varies a little with each colour.

Both are normally best used with black paper (less easy to mix
yourself up when you reset the commands with OVER #channel,0)

>Or I will have to draw the character's graphically on the screen
pixel by
>pixel? (Well I won't avoid that graphical character generator in the
end..
>I knew it :-)

Shouldn't be necessary assuming OVER and PRINT do what you want (i.e.
I understood what you meant).

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]