>>The program which creates the _qh file in the first place can if
>>required process every single executable file on a medium, creating
>>matching _qh file for each executable program. I hope this little QH
>>utility will prove popular with anyone wishing to distribute QL
>>software on CDs without being restricted to just the QXL.WIN
systems.
>Laurence Reeves (I think) did such  program (qdos_hdr_bas) way back
in
>the 80s and I have used it for 14 years QBBS to allow users to
download
>an unzip program (or uncpt).

That program modified the executable IIRC by adding 16 bytes ? of
header to the main program. I dislike modifying binaries in such a
way, but at least Tony Price's method was a bit more suitable for
downloading dearchivers from a bbs especially if his comms program did
the conversion back to executable automatically.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]