Tony Firshman wrote:
>I did a google.com search for
>
>rockridge cd writer
>

>and most of the useful mentions were for software under Linux/UNix.
>Maybe that might be a profitable route?  There were certainly lots of
>mentions, but nothing I could see relevant to Windows.

Rockridge was originally meant as a Unix/Linux solution to the
limitations of ISO9660 CD writing. It is useful because

(a) it can co-exist with other formats such as Joliet (Windows)
extensions etc and
(b) a CD done in Rockridge + Joliet can be read by other systems,
anydircetory structures like Joliet and Rockridge are ignored by
systems which don't understand them and the underlying ISO9660
structures are used instead, although it means you only get truncated
8.3 filenames and a few levels of directories.

Joliet and Rockridge work around those limitations to some extent and
if recorded properly, the CDs gain their benfits on systems which
understand them, if not, other systems can still read them to a
limited extent.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]