This is the reply I got from the author of Easyptr regarding the MITEM
versus sprites names query I raised a few days ago.

>Sorry, I had to find an EASYPTR manual. Actually I don't have a
printed
>English EASYPTR description (and the MAC it was written on is out of
>order), but I could find my German manual. This does not allow a
>filename for MITEM or SPRA, so you will have to load the sprite
>separately into memory. As MITEM uses the same universal routine for
>decoding a variant parameter it may work to pass a filename and even
>load it into memory, but the returned address obviously is wrong.
>Regards
>
>Albin
Actually, the English manual permits name of an appended definition
rather than filename of a sprite, but this does not work either. Using
addresses or sprite numbers as Thierry Godefroy suggested does work
well. As Albin implies, with certain sprites, the possibility of wrong
address returned is likely the cause of the problem, since some funny
effects (drawn incomplete or wrong position) do sometimes happen.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]