Hi Nasta,

>> I'm sorry, but I must destroy any hopes that Coldfire CPU's
>> (version > 1) could execute our existing QL software. Not even
>> the new announced ones with better 68k compatibility. Important
>> instructions which behave different to 68k can not (generally)
>> be identified or trapped out by a Coldfire CPU, in order to
>> emulate them correctly. Absolutely not.
>
>I would very much appreciate if you could give us some more details on
>this.

Two examples for CF V4e:

- mov.b xxx,-(sp)' adjusts the stack pointer by -1
- lsl and lsr set the overflow bit to the same as the carry bit

Both can not be forced to trap out. What a stupidity.
No way code on the CF core can solve this in general.
(Except emulating the whole 68k CPU, of course.)

Bye, Peter