On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, John Impellizzeri wrote:

> So I decided to shut it down and cancel the phone line, the extra $30 a
> month will be put to good use.  I think it had a good run and was definitely
> very heavily used for a few years.  We started it around September 1993 with
> '94 - '97 probably it's peak years.  I have no regrets running it as long as
> we did but I think it's time has come and gone.

These are critical moments in history, when information is preserved or
lost forever. You may have many unique files help nowhere else. Would it
be possible for you to archive the whole thing and make it available for a
small fee, or send a copy to a couple of the people running PD libraries
so they can see what fills gaps in their collection?

Also, maybe it is possible to do a superBBS on the web, combining all the
files of all the BBS out there? This again for archiving purposes...

Just a thought... (all lonely and scared by the isolation, I assure you!)

Dave