On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:41:48PM +0100, P Witte wrote:
.

> I think, on the whole, it would be more sensible for programs that expect
> an unknown - possibly vast - quantity of items as in my original example,
> to be more elegantly written with that in mind..

depends, if 'xargs' is good enough for your problem than it would
be certainly preferable, because it can be resued by other programs
as well without even recompiling anything.

I can even think of a generalised version of xargs which would
arrange the arguments according to a printf-like format string
- finally one point where QDOS would be more unixish than unix
itself :)

Richard