Rich,

I once looked into this.   The copy protection itself is easy enough to break - if I remember correctly it was based on reading some hidden sectors from the microdrive.  The issue was that it had to be read into a specific address in memory and executed from there - and the address in question only seemed to work on an unexpanded QL.   I might have to dig out my copy and see (assuming it still works) whether anything better can be done.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 7:55 PM
Subject: [ql-users] QL Pawn

Does anyone have a copy of the original program by Magnetic Scrolls complete with manual etc. they would like to sell??  I have had a good offer...

This is not much use to modern QLers after all , as no-one seemed to be able to crack the copy protection (shame).

Rich Mellor
RWAP Software
7 Common Road, Kinsley, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF9 5JR
TEL: 01977 614299
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rwapsoftware