Hello,

George Gwilt once told me that there is a extension that lets one
use the Floating Point Unit of Q40 and Q60 (also QXL with replacement
processor with FPU) from BASIC. The software is written by Simon N
Goodwin and he was so kind to pass it on to me for release.
There may be some guys who already know it, but to me it was new and
I also couldn't find it at the usual places for QL software.

It is free and open source. Please get it from
http://q40.de  (Programs section)
Speed increase can be huge, depending on the math functions used.

Thanks to Simon,

Claus