On  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 at 11:01:02, Alan Tyson wrote:
(ref: <001101c227f9$107a84c0$fb30883e@alantyso>)

>> This can be dangerous, not only to him, but to the monitor
>& QL - he could
>> end up frying either or both of them.
>>
>Thanks for the warning. He's pretty clued up as an Elec.Eng.
>lecturer by trade, and his house has had live TV & radio
>chassis lying around more time than not over the years.
>
>[One of my earliest memories is watching the coronation in
>1953 on a 6" green screen, which he'd built from an ex-WD
>radar set using circuit diagrams from 'Practical Wireless'.
>I got into trouble (not hospital, remarkably) for poking
>something through one of the holes in the front of the case
>and losing it.]
>
>> However, there appears to [possibly] be a mistake in the
>manual, as the pin
>> functions were given in 'QL world' (May 1987) differently:
>
>Is it possible the QL World version came from "p31 of the
>Concepts section of the QL User guide"? The 15MB QL Service
>Manual says in para 1.1 of page A1 under "monitor
>connections" that its version replaces those in the User
>Guide.
>
>Anyone care to hazard a guess as to which is right? Anyway,
>pin 5 won't have a signal if QL World is right.
QL Manual 12/84 concepts is the right one - which I assume was the one
quoted from QLW (snipped).

The circuit diagram (in the downloaded service manual) got it worng (but
is also not very legible)!

I have corrected circuit diagrams (correcting a few other errors too) if
needed.

--
          QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
   tony@<surname>.demon.co.uk  http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk