From: "Phoebus Dokos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:16 PM
Subject: [ql-users] I'm back (hopefully) - superHermes w/ PS/2 ports and
Aurora Rom adaptor

> SNIP

Is there a (simple) hardware (by means of a small led activating > circuit)
way of adding an activity monitor on the rom port with the Aurora
> (or QL)? (Kinda like the light the romdisq has on it, Since I will be
> plugging it in the back of the case, I will have no sure way of knowing if
> data is being exchanged between the QL/Aurora and the RomDisq, short of
> attaching a cable with led on the romdisq and I wanna keep the thing as
> "clean" as possible!)
>
> Phoebus

Thinking laterally - monitor the existing LED with simple photoinput device
and dangle an repeater LED off it. Or use a length of cheap fibre optic.

Peter Goff

---