On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Jochen Merz wrote:

> And anyway, you can't sell SMSQ/E without being a reseller and promise
> to pay later. That's wrong, and this is why I keep on asking that you
> sort it out with Wolfgang.

Well, that's illegal in every European country. Once someone owns a
license to software, they're free to sell it to whomsoever they wish under
the first sale doctrine. You cannot restrict someone's right to sell
something they own, even by license, once the first sale has occured. You
can only require they place the same conditions of sale on their buyer as
you placed on them.

So if they HAD licenses, which it appears they don't, they would be
allowed to sell them regardless of what the license says.

A trader has the sdame right to sell an item they own as any private
individual.

Unsure on this? See WTO's Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of
Intellectual Property (TRIPS).

Hope this helps...

Dave