James Hunkins wrote:
> Thanks, Dilwyn.
>
> As per my email to Malcolm, could you privide some additional
details
> to go with your suggestions?
>
> Your description of the file names is great.
>    - are there any executables that are support and should not get
their
> own icons (IE: don't normal get directly launched/run)?
No.

>    - do any of them have a minimum required command line to run
> (optional)
No. All will run from a simple EXEC or EXEC_W command. Some programs
(e.g. the Viewer and MiniView programs) will accept a filename as a
parameter and start by loading that file, e.g. to be called from
FIleInfo 2 or similar,e.g. EXEC FLP1_VIEWER_OBJ;'FLP1_TEXTFILE_TXT'
but none has a compulsory command line parameter.

Program descriptions, which I didn't include:

> Super Disk Labeller sdl_obj and sdl_norun_obj
  FLoppy disk labelling program

> Super Disk Index    sdi_obj and sdi_norun_obj
  Floppy disk file cataloguing program

> FileFinder          filefinder_obj
Search for files containing a given text string

> Text File Viewer    viewer_obj and viewer_rtm
Text file viewer

> MiniView            miniview_obj and miniview_rtm
More compact text file viewer

> Convert-PCX         pcx_obj and pcx_norun_obj
Convert PCX file format graphics to QL screen or PIC files.

> Easybase            easybase_obj and easybase_rtm
Easy to use database program.

> Doc2Html            doc2html_obj and doc2html_rtm
Quill DOC file to HTML file conversion.

> Screen Snatcher     snatch3_obj and snatch3_norun_obj
Grab copies of the screen picture, also works with GD2

> Snake game          snake_obj and snake_rtm
Eat all the numbers ot make the snake grow, but don't touch its tail!

> Today               today_obj and today_rtm
What happened on this day in history?

> DEV Manager         devman_obj and devman_norun_obj
Build a database of settings for DEV, SUB, nnn_USE and so on to assist
with running programs from sub-directories.

> DEV Manager editor  deveditr_obj and deveditr_norun_obj
The database editor for DEV Manager

> Q-Trans             qtrans_obj and qtrans_rtm
Pointer driven dual window file copier.

> Compound Interest   compint_obj and compint_rtm
Pointer driven compound interest calculator.

> Charpick (similar to a character map program)   charpick_obj and
> charpick_rtm
Character map and selection via stuffer buffer.

> Conversions (the metric conversions program)    converts_obj and
> converts_rtm
Metric/Imperial units conversion program.

> Graphics Viewer     gv115_obj and gv115_no_rt_obj
Pointer driven graphics file viewer for several QL file formats.

> PicView             picview_obj and picview_rtm
QL 4 colour, 8 colour and GD2 PIC and SCR graphics file viewer

> MakeDirs            makedirs_obj and makedirs_rtm
Pointer driven utility to assist with creating directories.

> Proc Manager        procman_ptr_obj and procman_norun_obj
Extract named procedures and functions from S*BASIC programs.

> SystemSet           systemset_obj and systemset_rtm
Pointer driven system settings utility

> Temperature conversions  temperature_obj and temperature_rtm
Temperature units conversion program.

> Unzip Librarian     ulibptr_obj and ulibptr_rtm
Simple PE program to aid with use of ZIP and UNZIP.

> Sidewriter          sidewriter_obj and sidewriter_norun_obj
Print spreadsheets or text files sideways on dot matrix printers.

> Deskjet-A5          deskjeta5_obj and deskjeta5_norun_obj
Print two pages sideways on each sheet of paper with Deskjet printers.

> Mini Graphics Printer  minigrap_obj and minigrap_rtm
Mini Graphics Printer - print thumbnails of QL graphics files.

> Launchpad           lp_obj and lp_rtm
Iconised program launcher GUI.

--
Dilwyn Jones