I'm up to my eyes in debugging the MOVEM instructions for the next
(hopefully) QL Toady article and I've found a couple of problems in QMON2.
I've got version 2.08 (from the code - the boot file says 2.07a) of both
QMON and JMON. I use JMON mostly but similar problems lie in QMON :

BUG 1.
In JMON, I cannot write to channel 3, in QMON I can. So the command DR3 in
JMON gives ERR>> while in QMON it works fine.

BUG 2.
In both, I cannot open a channel using the 'O' command as in "O4 ram1_test"
or "O4 'ram1_test'", howver, if the channel number is 3 or less, I can. The
manual says that QMON uses 4 channels 0 - 3, so I want to avoid using any of
the 'standard' ones and use my own. Doesn't look like I can.

BUG 3.
In QMON, I can open #3, write to it and close it as follows :

O3 ram1_test
dr3
O3

and all is fine - I can see the contents of ram1_test at that point in time.

In JMON, I cannot ever get the file to close - it remains open and in use
even when closed in JMON and/or JMON has been exited by closing or killing
the monitored job. Using the channels thing, I see that the file as owned by
SuperBasic and can force close it. If I do this, I can then see the
contents. Seems a bit drastic to me !

So far, that is all I have found :o)

Does anyone know the current status of QMON2 - is it 'freely' available
anywhere, updated, what is the highest/latest/final version etc - I'd like
to upgrade if possible as maybe the above problems are already fixed. (I got
QMON2 through Digital Precision's big bundle of software deal some time
back.)

Regards,
Norman.

PS. I'm even going to write an article of using QMON2 :o)

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146
This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.