Tarquin Mills wrote:

Am doing several secret projects for the QL, one was writing a Webcam
driver. So there I am mottled black Q60 with webcam plugged in. Printed
copy of a manual on how to develop non-wintel webcam drivers for my
webcam's chipset, lying open on the desk. So I enter an SBASIC program
to read the webcam version numbers from the cam. To find that SMSQ/E can
only transmit from the par device. Where do I go from here?

You'd probably need to jumper your IO card into EPP/ECP mode and directly access the parallel port hardware.

Peter