Hi Geoff,

>> USB:
>
> Same old question. It would be feasible to develop an USB hardware add-on
> for Q40/Q60. USB host controllers with simple bus interfaces are available,
> a card that fits into a Q60 extension slot or maybe ROM socket is not a very
> hard design challenge. Nevertheless I won't make such a hardware, because it
> is absolutely unrealistic that the necessary QL software will be written.

Thanks for this information. Unfortunately you are probably right in saying
the QL software would not be written. Just out of interest, do you have any
comments or advice about using printers with the Q60? It would add something
to our discussion over printers.

Well I see it quite relaxed. As for connection, PAR will be accompanied by Ethernet, which is in most respects better than USB. As for drivers, the 68060 has no problem to execute Ghostscript.

What bothers me much more is the shortage of interesting QL applications to produce something I'd like to print.

All the best,
Peter

  • ... Peter Graf
    • ... gwicks